Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The addiction begins...

Finally. Something I've been meaning to do for awhile now has been to add my voice to the ever expanding, ever entertaining, and ever fustrating world of sports. Why should I matter? Well, let me introduce myself...

First, I'm just an average Joe (but that's not my name) who can't stop watching sports. I mean, all of them. ALL. OF. THEM. I'm not the typical football-basketball-baseball cookie cutter American who just stays swimming with the mainstream, oh no, my obsession goes far deeper. When you are up at 3 AM watching rugby sevens or brag about making time to fit in a bit of Olympic archery, THAT'S when you know you are in too deep and never going to get enough of this stuff.

Second, I'm a transplant. I grew up outside of Detroit and now live somewhere in the Bay Area. So from time to time, this blog will seem like it has a Detroit bias and/or a Bay Area one. Trust me, it won't be intentional. My purpose here is to weigh in on whatever topic I find relevant to opine on and that SHOULD for the most part mean I'll talk about a little of everything. But since I watch games involving mostly either one of the two, I might stray from the bigger picture. I apologize in advance, no one said I was a perfect addict.

Last, I'm a pretty unapologetically honest person. I tend to call it like I see it and if that upsets you, you may not like what I have to say. It's going to happen. I'll inject humor here and there and I may not say what I mean in the right way. So don't scream obscenities at me for being JUST WRONG about something. If you have a case against mine and it's well thought out, hell, I may just update the blog acknowledging it. But the whole "you don't know anything you &$!%^#er" argument will never sit well here. Just remember Internet rule #1 as postulated by Wil Wheaton: don't be a dick.

Now then, let's get on to what I'm really here for.

No comments:

Post a Comment